I’ve put together a basic DevOps Market Map. Check it out, would love suggestions/feedback!
What is DevOps?
Development + Operations
DevOps is a software development method that aims to increase communication, collaboration and integration between software developers and IT operations through automation of the change, configuration and release processes, an extension of Agile Development – releasing updates to product early and often (“perpetual beta”).
* DevOps requires not only the appropriate tools but also a change in organization and culture.
- Check in code
- Pull code changes for build
- Run tests (Continuous Integration server to generate builds & arrange releases): Unit tests, integration test, user acceptance test
- Store artifacts and build repository (repository for storing artifacts, results & releases)
- Deploy and release (release automation product to deploy apps)
- Configure environment
- Update databases
- Update apps
- Push to users – who receive tested app updates frequently and without interruption
- Application & Network Performance Monitoring (preventive safeguard)
- Do it Again!